Thursday, April 24, 2014Contact Us Translate this page to ► EspañolFrançaisItalianoArabicJapanese

The Sama Gazette was founded in 2009 by French artist Max Dana. It is a place to share and discuss on various topics: Design, Music, Food, Art, Movies and also organizations / campaigns we support. The editorial content is produced independently; we have been given ‘carte blanche’... More

Be a Follower on Twitter!
Add to Favorites Websites
One click to Visit Us
Add to Favorites Websites
Read our latest Updates

C'est la vie in France

French driver parks car on metro stairs
Art, Culture, Design

Shanghai’s first underground luxury hotel
Art, Culture, Design

Art in Sudan: Elshafei Dafalla Mohamed
From Max Dana's Blog

South Sudan: how we all fell for the ‘big lie’

Homepage

Translate to: EsFrItArJap

Contact Us!

- Feedback / Submit a News
- Become a Contributor / Op-Ed Submissions

Twitter Sunday: Fav. Tweets @WendyBrandes

By Sama Team | December 20, 2009

Last October, we published an article: Onyx Skull Ring by Wendy Brandes. We really liked the Onyx Skull Ring created by the designer and that's why we shared it with you. Since then, we have been following Wendy Brandes on Twitter and we don't regret it: she's a great designer but she also has a brilliant sense of humor. So it comes as no surprise our Twitter Sunday of today is about our Favorites Tweets @WendyBrandes!   Wendy's Tweets are very funny but it was hard to make a choice since she tweets a lot. So here is a selection of our Favorites Tweets @WendyBrandes between December 1st and December 6th. The period is short but as you will see, a lot happens on Wendy Brandes' Twitter: old acquaintance reappearing, compromising pictures, strong personality and bizarre reasoning...

@impossiblecat He got in touch with me a couple of years ago and Surprise! He was still an asshole. 7:58 PM Dec 6th

@impossiblecat That was from my college boyfriend. I cried for three days. 7:53 PM Dec 6th

@labeletterouge If you need bizarre reasoning, I'm your woman. If it helps you, then it's not bizarre but good common sense! 9:54 PM Dec 3rd

@marian_kihogo sometimes I think having too much personality is a flaw in the design :-( People like unchallenging things, don't you think? 5:54 PM Dec 3rd

@Retrochick_uk Why do people have to be in denial? As long as you're not covered in Cheeto dust, you're a class act in the blogosphere! 10:50 AM Dec 1st

@jeffbercovici Steiger just came home to find his wife (me) blogging in her pajamas. He knows what we really wear. But he still likes blogs. 10:42 AM Dec 1st   As you can see by yourself, @WendyBrandes is really worth to be read. And of course, don't forget to check her website, the jewelry she creates are amazing. Plus she assured us, replying to the comments some of the Sama-Readers sent concerning where the gems were coming from: '... Both rings [Onyx skull ring and the Marie Antoinette]were made by hand in New York, which is why the quality is so high. I do these kind of pieces one of a time — it takes many weeks to do something like this — they’re not stamped out by the hundreds or thousands at some factory in Asia. The green stones are tsavorite and I only work with gem wholesalers who guarantee in writing that they buy their stones from legitimate sources...'.   We will definitely keep following her work and her Twitter (looks like Max Dana appreciates her work a lot). You're invited to do so ;)

#1

Sama Reader Ditta

Ohhhhhhhh the Onyx Skull Ring! I want it for Christmas. Badly! :P

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 5:58 pm

#2

Sama Reader Arnold

Wendy Brandes has a strong personality, you can feel it when you read her tweets ;)

I will follow her on twitter from now, I like her humor.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 6:09 pm

#3

Sama Reader Toby Miller

Yeah, me too.

Toby.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 6:30 pm

#4

Sama Reader Pilar

¡Hola!

Thanks to the Sama Gazette to let us know about this designer and about many other things like Enough, (RED)…
The content of this website is one of a kind Jajaja

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 7:41 pm

#5

Sama Reader WendyB [+] Visit Website

I’m blushing! I’ve never had my tweets reviewed before! Thanks for all the good words. And any of your readers who want to know more about my jewelry, medieval queens or swearing are always welcome to DM me on Twitter or email me through the blog.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 8:22 pm

#6

Sama Reader Juliette

Hi Wendy! I love what you do! I sent a comment on your blog back in October, about your sample sale in New York at BoConcept. I read your blog at least once a week since I read the post on the Gazette. I have to admit I am a fan :P

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 8:54 pm

#7

Sama Reader Meddi

Thanks for stopping by and say hello ;)

Any chance we can see you wearing your pajamas? :twisted:

-Meddi

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 9:16 pm

#8

Sama Reader enc [+] Visit Website

Miss WendyB has long been a great writer with a sharp wit. Only AFTER her writing career did she launch the also sharp and witty jewelry line. I own a few pieces, some custom, and they’re my all-time favorites.

She’s also a very loyal person.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 9:44 pm

#9

Sama Reader WendyB [+] Visit Website

Juliette, thank you so much! I love all my readers…especially if they become customers! ;-)

Meddi, no, but nice try. LOL!

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 9:49 pm

#10

Sama Reader Dittta

OMG Meddi, you’re uncorrectable! :oops:

Wendy, I hope you don’t consider us only as ‘future customers’ because we are all staunch supporters of you on the Gazette :P

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 10:07 pm

#11

Sama Reader Moshuo

Thanks for the info enc, I didn’t know that. So Wendy is even more talented than I thought. She has a lot in common with Max then ;)

I just realized we’re just a bunch of WB’ fans here LOL

Bises
Moshuo

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 11:26 pm

#12

Sama Reader WendyB [+] Visit Website

I assure you, Ditta, you don’t have to pay me for love. I love you all for free :-)

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 12:44 am

#13

Sama Reader La Belette Rouge [+] Visit Website

Your tweet to me was wise and life changing. Wendy can say more in 140 characters than most can ever say. Keep Tweeting, Tweetheart!!!!!!

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 1:35 am

#14

Sama Reader Simcha

I love your story about your boyfriend, that’s very funny indeed!

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 1:50 am

#15

Sama Reader BettyKohn

The swear rings are stunning! You’re very creative Wendy :)

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 3:02 am

#16

Sama Reader Mark

Meddi, you’re a lost cause… So am I :twisted:

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 6:17 am

#17

Sama Reader JBKaval

To be honest, I don’t wear jewelry so I can’t really appreciate the rings and necklaces. But I think Wendy is a beautiful woman. I worked for a fashion photographer in South of France for a long time and he would say your smile perfectly catch the light (or something like that in a good English…).

:mrgreen:

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 8:21 am

#18

Sama Reader Arnold

Jeez, we should launch a Wendy Brandes Fan Club on the Sama Gazette!

Or even better, maybe she can be a member of the Sama Epicurean Fraternal Society :P

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 11:30 am

#19

Sama Reader Juliette

The Lady Jane necklace is awesome!!! Why beautiful jewelry has to be so expensive? Or maybe it’s me, I’m not rich enough :roll:

Anyway, I will let me fellow colleagues know. Some of them are much healthier than me and I’m sure they will love Wendy’s jewelry :)

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 12:48 pm

#20

Sama Reader Freeman

Hi there!

I will have a look to Mrs Brandes website and see if I can find something to offer my girlfriend. She’s really into jewelry. How unfortunate for me ;)

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 3:09 pm

#21

Sama Reader JohnnieW

LOL Freeman

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 5:14 pm

#22

Sama Reader WendyB [+] Visit Website

Ha ha, Freeman, I think I like your girlfriend.

And, yeah, Juliette, the question is why aren’t you richer? ;-) I’ve got 14 carats of loose rubies in rock crystal that want to go live with you.

JBKaval, I can forgive anyone for not liking jewelry as long as he says I’m personally beautiful. That’s a fair trade. LOL. People who think I’m ugly better damn well love jewelry.

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 5:55 pm

#23

Sama Reader JBKaval

That’s brilliant Wendy :P

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 7:33 pm

#24

Sama Reader Ghosty

Hell! I was out of town for 2 days and when I come back you all had a lot of fun without me!

I always appreciate when we have VIP joining our discussions. See, we got some weird specimens on the Sama Gazette, and apparently you have already met some of them ;)

Monday, December 21, 2009 at 9:20 pm

#25

Sama Reader ErickNO

Yep, Wendy. Feel it at home on the Sama Gazette, you’re welcome whenever you want to talk with us.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 1:41 am

#26

Sama Reader Simcha

You really know how to make us love your jewelry :)

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 7:06 am

#27

Sama Reader Arnold

I just sent an email to the Sama Team, asking if Wendy could become a member of the Sama Epicurean Fraternal Society, if she accepts the invitation of course. Waiting for the response but I’m very confident they will say yes ;)

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 10:17 am

#28

Sama Reader Dittta

I vote for her too!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 10:59 am

#29

Sama Reader BettyKohn

So am I.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 1:34 pm

#30

Sama Reader WendyB [+] Visit Website

Oh my, Arnold! That’s exciting! What would my responsibilities be? Are there funny hats and secret handshakes. DO I HAVE TO TAKE A BLOOD OATH?!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 6:20 pm

#31

Sama Reader Arnold

Ah ah ah no, no blood oath (well, as far as I know of!) ;)

In fact, every regular Sama Reader is part of the Sama Epicurean Fraternal Society, but to be an active member, you have to know everyhing about the World of Sama. Only then the Sama Team will accept you as an active member.

Some of us have succeeded, some others have failed (sorry Mark, I had to give a name!). If you’re willing to join us I will support your demand as one of the oldest member (I know the creator, Max, it was easy for me) :P

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 6:31 pm

#32

Sama Reader Pilar

Poor Mark Jajaja

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 6:46 pm

#33

Sama Reader Juliette

Arnold, you don’t have to know everything about the World of Sama, you didn’t pass any exams, me either by the way :)

Wendy has everything to join us: a brilliant sense of humor, she’s funny, she’s a great designer and she’s now a regular. More than enough to be a member of the privileged Sama Epicurean Fraternal Society!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 7:23 pm

#34

Sama Reader JBKaval

By the way, when will we receive our member card? :oops:

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 8:04 pm

#35

Sama Reader Moshuo

The Sama Epicurean Fraternal Society is a great idea. Seriously, some of us discussed about it when we met and even if for now it’s still a virtual club, it will be soon a real one. Louis told me Max wanted to do something about it. So Wendy will be a VIP Member :)

Bises
Moshuo

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 9:14 am

#36

Sama Reader Gino

I can’t wait to see what will be done about the Sama Epicurean Fraternal Society.

Welcome to Wendy Brandes! :)

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 3:26 pm

#37

Sama Reader WendyB [+] Visit Website

I’m excited to be included. Unlike Groucho Marx, I am eager to be a member of any club that will have me ;-)

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 5:56 pm

#38

Sama Reader Goeff

Interesting reference :)

I’m also eager to know more about what Max Dana will do concerning the Sama Epicurean Fraternal Society. First the Sama Gazette and now this club; Samaians are really taken care of! :P

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 6:15 pm

#39

Sama Reader Juliette

Sure Goeff, Max loves us all ;)

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 7:31 pm

#40

Sama Reader Juliette

Oh! I almost forgot! Happy birthday to you Wendy :P

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 8:09 pm

#41

Sama Reader Lissa

Welcome on the Sama Gazette, I’m glad you like this site! It’s a very special place with great people from many different countries and they are all very nice (excepted for some of them maybe) ;)

And happy birthday to you!

(I love you hair on the photo on your blog) (thanks Juliette for the link) ;)

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 11:47 pm

#42

Sama Reader WendyB [+] Visit Website

Thank you, Juliette and Lissa!

Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Topic(s):Twitter Sunday

RELATED STORIES

Tag(s):

RELATED STORIES

Previous Post

Next Post

Copyright © - Max Dana (Official Site) -- Max Dana (Blog) -- The World of Sama (Art Website) -- The Sama Gazette (News Website) -- da-eYe . All rights reserved - Policies | Contact Us.